Snowboard 2 is an entry level force and tactile sensor HDK (Hardware Development Kit). It is designed to work with FSR matrix sensors as well as resistive type matrix sensors.
By purchasing the Snowboard 2 you actually get
- Force sensing controller (sensor is not included)
- Snowboard 2 is an all-in-one force sensing development platform
- Multiple point force sensing without crosstalk for entry level pressure mapping, pressure distribution sensing, and tactile sensing applications
- Works standalone and as an Arduino Shield (Arduino is not included)
NOTE: Snowboard 2 outputs digital values which are proportional to the applied pressure. In order to get physical pressure values, user calibration is required.
Snowboard 2's multiple point force sensing is based on the cutting-edge mutual resistive sensing (a.k.a resistive tactile sensing) which is a resistive version of modern capacitive multi-touch sensing technology. Snowboard 2 is very useful to build a tactile sensing application, a pressure mapping system or a force-based touch or multi-touch interface. The force sensing IC of SNOWBOARD 2 has been solely developed by Kitronyx and can be connected to any resistive matrix sensor. Of course, conventional force sensors such as FSR pressure sensor can be used with SNOWBOARD 2
SNOWBOARD 2 can be operated as an Arduino shield.
SNOWBOARD 2 has been designed to work standalone and as an Arduino shield. Therefore users can easily extend the functionality of Snowboard 2 using thousands of Arduino resources.
- Works standalone and as an Arduino shield (Uno and Leonardo compatible)
- Onboard force controller - This controller supports upto 10x16 matrix sensors
- True touch: no ghost touches
- Communication - Micro B USB cable (not included)
- Baudrate: 1,497,600 bps
- Size: 85mm (W) x 53 mm (L) x 23.5mm (H)
Extended Features (Force Sensing)
- RPack for easy sensitivity adjustment (default 10kohm)
- MS9723 FSR Matrix Array Sensor (16x10 Rows and Columns / 80mm x 50mm Active Sensing Area)
- MS9724 FSR Matrix Array Sensor (16x10 Rows and Columns / 128mm x 80mm Active Sensing Area)
- MS9758 Large Area FSR Matrix Array Sensor (16x10 Rows and Columns / 384mm x 384mm Active Sensing Area)
- Snowboard 2 Documentation