Tinn Force Touch Controller
Tinn Force Touch controller is an enhanced version of our popular Snowboard 2 Plus 2 and an entry level force and tactile sensor HDK (Hardware Development Kit). It is designed to work with any resistive type matrix sensors including FSR matrix sensors. It also supports popular single point FSR sensors.
By purchasing the Tinn controller you actually get
- Force sensing controller (sensor is not included). Tinn controllercan acquire data from a matrix sensor or 10 single points FSR sensors.
- Tinn controller is an all-in-one force sensing development platform
- Multiple point force sensing without crosstalk for entry level pressure mapping, pressure distribution sensing, and tactile sensing applications
- Works standalone or with other microcontrollers such as Arduino via I2C and UART communication interface.
NOTE: Tinn controller outputs digital values which are proportional to the applied pressure. In order to get physical pressure values, user calibration is required.
- Volume Pricing & CustomizationContact us online
Snowboard 2 Plus' multiple point force sensing is based on the cutting-edge mutual resistive sensing (a.k.a resistive tactile sensing) which is a resistive version of modern capacitive multi-touch sensing technology. Snowboard 2 Plus is very useful to build a tactile sensing application, a pressure mapping system or a force-based touch or multi-touch interface. The force sensing IC of Snowboard 2 Plus has been solely developed by Kitronyx and can be connected to any resistive matrix sensor. Of course, conventional force sensors such as FSR pressure sensor can be used with Snowboard 2 Plus.
Works with Other Microcontrollers
Snowboard 2 Plus can work with other microcontrollers via I2C and UART interface. Therefore users can easily extend the functionality of Snowboard 2 using thousands of microcontroller communities.
Ideal Companion for Academic Researchers
Researchers around the world are using Snowboard series for their academic works ranging from HCI (Human Computer Interaction) to tactile sensing and measurement.
Note: If you need an electronics for high resolution matrix sensors, please take a look at MC1600.
- Tactile sensing
- Industrial relative pressure mapping for relative in-a-frame pressure distribution measurement
- Human ergonomics
- Force multi-touch
- 3D force touch device
- Musical instruments
- Dimensions: 110 x 70 x 30 (mm)
- Works standalone or with other microcontrollers such as Arduino
- Onboard force controller - This controller supports upto 10x16 matrix sensors
- True touch: no ghost touches
- Communication - Micro B USB cable (not included)
- Baudrate: 1,497,600 bps
Compatible Force Sensors
- All single point FSR sensors
- 16x10 channel Snowboard 2 Plus Compatible Sensors
- Snowboard 2 Plus Documentation
- Snowforce app to visualize and log data from FSR matrix sensors
- FSR Monitor app to visualize and log data from 10 single point FSR sensors